Now up for pre-order- shipping starting on May 19th
'Sathanas Trismegistos' CD
and two new shirt designs:
and two grabs from the net on this new one:
- "Creeping with a sinister vibe of the occult, Head of the Demon deliver a slow, brooding darkness that stirs some sense of 'this isn't quite right' in the back of the brain (...) Sweden's Head of the Demon is super-weird, super-interesting, super-dark doom that stands apart by dint of a ritualistic edge, black heavy metal influences, and an enduring obsession with Lovecraft. They've got that creepy, not-quite-human vibe that bands like MORTUARY DRAPE and NEGATIVE PLANE harness so effectively, but slow it all down to a staid pace—think a de-fuzzed but just as eerie SATURNALIA TEMPLE. Their new album, Sathanas Trismegistos, is already one of the strangest black metal-adjacent recordings I've heard this year, and it's proving impossible to stop listening. It's music that gets inside your head, just like the slithering horror of the band's spiritual guide has done to generations of readers and acolytes. ..The release date for this one is a bit elaborate, even in terms of multi-label, multinational releases. So: Sathanas Trismegistos is already out in Europe (as of April 30th, Walpurgisnacht) via Invictus Productions, while the North American version—handled by the Ajna Offensive—officially comes out May 20. So, basically, you can go buy it right now (and risk incurring gnarly shipping costs), or cultivate a little patience and snap it up more locally at the end of the month" - Noisey - Music By Vice
"It is very difficult for me to strictly label Head of the Demon’s Sathanas Trismegistos as doom metal; I just find it very difficult to place it anywhere else. This is about as epic as doom metal can get. Usually, when a band tries to make an epic doom album, the words boring, yawn, and sleepy come to mind. With Sathanas Trismegistos, the words phenomenal, extraordinary, unique, and impressive come to mind...There is an undertone of black metal that drives this album alongside its mainly doom metal overture. My favorite part about this album is the fusing of elements of psychedelic rock into the already-solid doom and black metal presentation without eliminating the evil-sounding vibes. This is a magnificent album with a lot of creativity oozing from each riff. There is a thick atmosphere of occult that surrounds this album like a black aura. There is an evil energy that dwells in this album. It feels like this album is channeling spirits from another realm or dimension...Each song on Head of the Demon’s new album is hypnotic and desensitizing. Each track has these little riff passages that rip hard as hell. This album definitely has some sort of spell that casts itself upon you. Simplicity played with perfect timing is the key to Sathanas Trismegistos. This is a solid doom metal album that is strictly true to itself and genre...There is not much in the doom metal world - or black metal, for that matter - that I would compare Head of the Demon to. Sathanas Trismegistos is a uniquely rich experience that holds no comparison. This is one of those albums that is going to change the way the genre of doom is thought about" - MetalXtreme.com [4/5 rating]
We've printed a small amount of shirts.They are black despite the crap quality of the image. The ink is kind of a sickly red color
They are not listed for sale on the site at this point.
Email us direct if you are interested.
We'll be away from TAOHQ for a few days.
Orders placed today (the 4th) will go out tomorrow. Otherwise we'll resume shipments on Monday the 11th.
We should have several updates on imports and some :AJNA: related releases at that time.
AVAILABLE THROUGH SIDE REAL PRESS
HANNS HEINZ EWERS
'The Hearts Of Kings'
Side Real Press is extremely pleased to be distributing 'The Hearts of Kings' by Hanns Heinz Ewers, a newly released book from AJNA OFFENSIVE in the U.S.
Originally published as a limited edition in 1922 as 'Die Herzen der Könige' this macabre tale by Ewers (newly translated by Markus Wolff) was complimented by the equally disturbing and wonderful etchings of Stefan Eggeler (1894-1969). Both were created by artists at the height of their powers. Further information on both Ewers and Eggeler can be found HERE and HERE.
The original edition (now quite rare) was printed on very poor paper and much trouble has been taken (in collaboration with the Eggeler estate) to render the tonalities of the illustrations accurately.
We finally have the finished copies in our hand.
One place to find it on the site is HERE.
Folks in Europe might want to contact Side Real Press about copies, which should be arriving next week.
1. Volahn - Chamalcan (10:42)
2. Shataan - Caminando del Destino / Desert Smoke / Wells Run Dry (10:55)
3. Arizmenda - Ropeburn Mutilation on the Outskirts of Life (9:26)
4. Kallathon - Falling into the Horizon, Burning into the Black Twilight (12:44)
Digipack CD and LP both now in stock.
LP with 8 page booklet with silver foil stamping, 4-panel fold out poster and magenta/blue splatter vinyl which is the :AJNA: version.
(of 400 copies)
Digipak CD on 300gsm board with hot foil stamping
and 8 page booklet on 150gsm art paper.
LP with 8 page booklet with silver foil stamping, 4-panel fold out poster and red/black splatter vinyl which is the Iron Bonehead version.
(of 600 copies)
Mastered for CD by Arthur Rizk of Solomon's Gate (Inquisition, Prurient, Power Trip, several Black Twilight releases).
Artwork by Aron Briggs.
THE AJNA OFFENSIVE and IRON BONEHEAD PRODUCTIONSIRON BONEHEAD PRODUCTIONS are proud to present on CD format (vinyl coming soon) the latest compilation from THE BLACK TWILIGHT CIRCLE: Desert Dances and Serpent Sermons. Comprising four exclusive (and epic) tracks.
Hailing from California, this collective of bands has developed an extremely singular, idiosyncratic sound away from the prying eyes of metal's aboveground, creating its own veritable dialect that, crucially, burns with the ancient flame of black metal. THE BLACK TWILIGHT CIRCLE's vision is an intensely personal and challenging one, and its myriad bands individually and collectively expand this vision whilst keeping it closely guarded, their incestuous nature a matter of aesthetics rather than necessity. Based around the Crepúsculo Negro label and strictly released on cassette and (rarely) vinyl formats, the documents to date of THE BLACK TWILIGHT CIRCLE have coursed through black metal's deepest underground, but they've nevertheless enthralled all who've gazed into their peerless wisdom. And now, as the wider international underground finally takes notice, four of the collective's most provocative bands present 43 minutes of Desert Dances and Serpent Sermons.
The new split LP (and split CD) has arrived!
Enter: Darkness Is My Flame
at checkout to receive 20% of any book or magazine in your cart.
The sale will last until the Winter Solstice.
That which hath been is that which shall be; and that which hath been done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
MALIGN "A Sun To Scorch" 10'
Available now via- http://www.noevdia.com
Opening the gates once again with these new items:
Copies for the U.S/North America are en route to- :AJNA:2 t shirt designs will be ready by the time copies arrive in the US.
OF THE ARTE GOETIA HB book
WOLVES AMONG SHEEP PB book
LIBER BATHYAL PB book
SANGUINARY MISANTHROPIA LPs and LS shirts
ASTROFAES digi CD
STUTTHOF digi CD
SPEAR OF LONGINUS 'Khephra' CD